How can I configure the printers permanent IP address?
There are several ways to configure a permanent IP address for the printer as detailed below:-
1. Using the printers operator panel using the menu function
2. Using the management utilities supplied with the printer
3. Dynamically assigned via DHCP or BOOTP or RARP
4. The 7100e+/7200e/7300e/8100e allow the IP address to be set using NetBEUI which is described in the following:
Configuring the IP address via NETBEUI
1. Using "Network Neighbourhood" or "My Network Places" on a Windows PC, select "Entire Network" and you will find a workgroup called "Printserver".
2. Double click on that workgroup and you will find a list of printers.
3. If the NetBEUI name has not been assigned to the printer, the default name is either ML****** or OL******, where ****** is the last six digits of the Ethernet Address.
4. Once you have selected the correct printer, double click on setup and then open Config.ini.
Config.ini contains the following information:
Workgroup name = Printserver
IP address = 0.0.0.0
5. Edit the IP address and then save the file. A file called WebSetup is automatically created which if you open will launch your web browser allowing further configuration.