Colour Access Policy Manager (CAPM)
Get the impact of Colour on your print output — not your printing budget.
You’ve already decided that the advantages of in-house color printing would greatly benefit your business but you are concerned that colour printing costs could spiral out of control. OKI has addressed these concerns with the utility Color Access Policy Manager (CAPM). And whats more OKI has designed the utility so you dont have to be an IT expert to use it!
You make the rules
You create the policies and make the rules for printing:
Print customer-facing documents such as corporate marketing materials, presentations, contracts and signage in colour.
Force reference material and internal reports to print in mono.
Reject the print of non office related items such as personal pictures and emails.
CAPM lets you assign access levels by user log-in name, PC/server name, application, file name, and URLs (Web sites). Once your policy is configured in the printer, CAPM determines how - or if - incoming jobs will print.
Track printer usage
Working together with your OKI printer, CAPM gives you the ability to acquire print job logs which enables you to monitor and analyse how the prtinting devices are being used - everything from user name to application to the number of colour or mono pages printed. It’s data you can use to develop new policies or judge the effectiveness of your existing policies.
• Define who and what can print in colour, mono, or not at all
• Exclusive : Control printing of content from specific URLs (Web sites)
• Limit printing of Windows ®, Mac®, Linux and UNIX® workstations
• Easy to install, to review job logs, establish and revise policies
• No network server nor additional client software required
• Policies are password-protected for added security
Supported Color Printers and Colour MFPs
• Printers: C310dn, C330dn, C510dn, C530dn, C610n, C711, C830, C810, C9650, C5950, C5850, C5750, C5650
• MFPs: M361, MC561, *MC860
*Please note: The following products may need a firmware update for CAPM to work: MC860, MC560. Please contact your technical support for help.
• Installation: Utility resident on printer. Or download from OKI website.
• Software: Works with standard printer drivers; no additional client software required.
• Administration: Via standard PC workstation; no network server required.
• Set-up/Policy Revisions: Microsoft® Vista®, XP, 2000; Server 2008, Server 2003, Windows 7
• Printing: Microsoft Vista, XP, 2000; Server 2008, Server 2003; Mac® 0S 10.x and higher; Linux, UNIX®
• Criteria: User Log-in Name, Host PC name, Document Application, Document Name, URL/Web Site —accepts asterisk [*] as wild card for multiple characters
• Policies: Print Colour, Print Monochrome, Do Not Print; single policy can be down-loaded to multiple printers
• Set-Up / Policy Revisions: Printer password required
• Content: User log-in name; Document name / URL; Application type; Host PC (where print job originated); Date / Time; Total pages; Colour pages; Mono pages
• Max Job Logs: 1,000
1 CAPM utility works exclusively with Colour printers / MFPs from OKI Printing Solutions.
2 Requires Windows workstation for initial setup and subsequent policy revisions.